Payments for Services and Copays
BFP will work with each patient to ensure care is provided regardless of financial circumstances, therefore we accept payments through:
- Personal check, cash, Visa, MasterCard, and debit cards;
- We accept and file with most major medical insurance plans;
- Our billing department will bill patients for any balance that they are responsible for;
- All balances should be paid within 30 days, if this is entirely impossible, then we can set up a payment plan that works for you;
- Patients with limited income may qualify for the sliding fee scale which is based on the household income. The sliding fee scale applies based upon income level, regardless of insurance coverage.
Copays and Other Charges
Bassett Family Practice accepts all patients regardless of their insurance status, financial status, or ability to pay. No patient will be turned away for services due to an inability to pay. If a patient has difficulty paying for services, Bassett Family Practice offers flexible payment plans and will assist in setting up alternate payment arrangements.
Bassett Family Practice encourages all patients to apply for the sliding fee scale discount, where, if eligible, the co-pays and charges for services are adjusted for your household size and income. To determine eligibility, you must obtain an application from the front desk and present proof of income at the time of your visit.
Proof of household income can include:
• Most recent federal tax return
• IRS form W-2 or 1099
• Pay stubs (one month's worth)
• SNAP benefit letter
• Social Security benefit letters
• Unemployment benefits
• Other - please speak with the front desk if you have other sources of income or none at all
Please bring this information at time of your visit. Sliding fee scale determinations must be updated whenever there is a change in household size or income.
**Please note that general charges are based on a regular office visit. Other procedures and lab work are not included in the co-payment therefore additional charges may be applied.**