Med Assist of Martinsville, Henry and Patrick Counties
This Medication Assistance Program provides eligible patients the ability to apply locally for access to free medications offered by major pharmaceutical companies.
- Legal residents of or served by a physician in the City of Martinsville or Henry or Patrick Counties;
- 18 years or older;
- Income restricted to 200% of federal poverty guidelines, depending on applicable drug company (see income limits);
- No insurance covering medication (Rx discount cards are not considered insurance);
- A prescription for a maintenance or long-term medication provided by the free drug programs.
2016 MedAssist Monthly Household Income Limits
* some companies have lower income limits
Things to Remember
- MedAssist does not determine the eligibility requirements. Eligibility is determined solely by the company providing the medication.
- Not all medications made by a company are available through the free drug program.
- MedAssist does not control the time that it takes for the drug companies to respond with medication.
- There is a small handling fee of $5.00 for a 90 day supply of medication charged (fee subject to change).
Important Medicare Part D Information
- Some companies will allow patients who are enrolled in or qualify for Medicare D to receive free medications. Check with MedAssist to see if you are eligible for assistance.
- If you have Medicare, you may qualify for Medicare D Low Income Subsidy (LIS). Check with MedAssist to see if you are eligible for assistance.
- If you need help enrolling or have questions about a Medicare D Drug Plan, please contact Suellyn Danter at 276-638-0787.
Martinsville/Henry County Office 276-632-2246
MedAssist of Bassett Family Practice 276-629-1076 (must be a patient at Bassett Family Practice)
Patrick Co. Office 276-692-3010
MedAssist is funded by the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Virginia Health Care Foundation and the Harvest Foundation